Legal Marketing Blog

Law Firm Marketing on TikTok

TikTok is the fastest-growing app in the world right now, with 500 million viewers and counting. If you’re at all familiar with the platform, it may seem like an odd fit for lawyers.

After all, it’s come to prominence mainly due to its popularity with Generation Z, and it’s not yet a platform where many people are looking for legal counsel. However, that’s what gives TikTok so much power in this space: as opposed to the many oversaturated social media platforms, TikTok is new enough to be less competitive.

How to Leverage the Power of the Hottest New App

In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about using TikTok to promote your legal services: what TikTok’s current user base looks like, how you can expand your outreach on the platform, how much ads cost, and more.

By the end of the article, you should have a better understanding of whether or not TikTok is the app that can take your firm’s marketing to the next level.


Who’s Using TikTok?


Roughly 60% of TikTok’s American user base is a part of Generation Z. On the one hand, this means TikTok is incredibly popular with Gen Z. On the other, it means that 40% of the app’s user base is outside of that age range.

While the app has been popular with Gen Z for a little over a year now, older adults have had less time to use the app. If you want to capture the attention of Millennials, Gen Xers, and Boomers who are tech-savvy, this is a great place to do so.


How Much Do TikTok Ads Cost?


If organically growing your TikTok account doesn’t seem like the best fit for you, you may choose to take out ads on the platform instead.


Types of TikTok Ads

TikTok doesn’t have many ads on its platform, which means that each ad it does have comes at a premium. While the minimum amount you need to spend on a campaign is $500, the cost per click can be as high as $10.

That’s why it’s imperative to hire a professional to run your TikTok ads; if you don’t know what you’re doing on this app, it’s easy to burn through a lot of money very quickly.

Which Lawyers Is TikTok a Good Fit For?


Ultimately, you’ll need to use your best judgment for deciding whether or not TikTok is the right social media platform for you. The opportunity is there, but your marketing campaign is probably going to reflect your preferences and practice.

There are a few things to keep in mind, though.

First, the fact that TikTok is so popular among younger users means that it can be a powerful tool for spreading the legal information that these users are likely to need.

This makes it a particularly good fit for family lawyers who want to bring some practical tips for navigating divorce and premarital agreements. Personal injury attorneys can bring a little self-effacing humor to their prime audience. Business attorneys can do a series on business questions they get – answered in a humorous manner.

Second, you want to be careful about what you post to the platform. As lawyers, we handle a variety of sensitive subjects. How you choose to discuss or even joke about these issues can have serious consequences for your practice.


What Type of Content Should I Post On TikTok?


Looking at all of the content on TikTok, you may think you need to create videos where you’re funny or you’re dancing.

Anthony Barbuto, for instance, is a lawyer who got two million followers by posting funny videos centered around his legal experience.


But TikTok is just a platform for sharing short videos, so the key is to be authentic so that you can build a following of people who are drawn to you and your law firm’s personality. People want a personal connection. They want to feel like they know you.

Whatever content you want to share in that format, there’s a place for you on TikTok. We hope to help you find your space on this brand new platform. For more marketing advice or to create a customized law firm marketing strategy, contact Rizely today.

Want to Build a Custom Marketing Plan?

We're happy to build out custom plans for our clients, ensuring you have the marketing support you need for virtually any marketing budget.

Offering best-in-class digital marketing services and technology solutions to attorneys and law firms across the nation. We're changing the way law firm marketing is done with our technology and service hybrid.

  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

702.745.0877

heyo@rizely.co

Las Vegas | San Diego | Sacramento | Los Angeles

© 2020 by Rizely Law Firm Digital Marketing